The thing about Salads , you love them or loathe them , but can never ignore them! Salads have become the quintessential health food and have almost taken a very important role in every cuisine. Ofcourse , there is a limit to how much one can enjoy the Raw veggies , but combined with the right sauces , Salads can give any other Gourmet dish a run for money.
On most days , I sincerely attempt to plate up a good Salad and get a good portion of Raw veggies in my diet.Well , yeah the Lazy bones in me can still feel tilted to the ” Ready to Eat ” Meal or some simple Bread and Veggies to go along on some days. But I must admit , including Raw veggies in my diet everyday have definitely brought about some good changes….
For the Salad:
1) 2 English Cucumbers sliced thin. ( The English cucumbers are best suited for Salads since they are firm , less bitter and you can leave the skin on….)
2) One Tomato sliced thin and long
3) 1 Cup Green Leafy lettuce
4) Salt to taste
5) Pepper – 1/2 Teaspoon
1) 1 Table Spoon- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2) 4 to 5 Garlic Cloves
3) Dried Herbs ( I’ve used Thyme and Basil)