The recipe uses this kind of eggplants since they are the least bitter and are very easy to manage.
Eggplant – Image Source
- Eggplant slices ( As shown in the image above )
- Arrowroot powder – 2 Tablespoons
- Chili Powder
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 Green Chili
- 1 Onion finely shopped
- Coriander for garnish
- Take some water in a bowl , add salt and dip the Eggplant slices in it. ( This will make sure the Eggplants dont turn dark )
- Prepare the Tomato based sauce for the canapes in the meantime by adding little oil in a pan and fry the Onions till they turn pink ,add green chili , diced tomatoes and add salt as per taste. Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Mix the Arrowroot powder , Salt and Chili powder and set them aside.
- Coat the Eggplants with this dry mixture on both sides.
- Take a Shallow Pan , and shallow fry the Coated Eggplant slices on medium flame until done.
- Remove from heat , and slowly assemble the Eggplant slices with the Tomato Sauce , garnish it with some Coriander and serve hot.