Yay! I am extremely excited to post this new recipe. It’s been over a year since I’m contemplating food in a martini glass. It’s so classy and upscales the food experience by several notches. I finally braved the idea and made a new Garlic Prawn ‘Tini’ and let’s say this one’s simply stirred and not shaken at all ;). Love some drama once in a while. Makes dinner time more fun! The husband was definitely elated to eat from a Martini glass and the daughter couldn’t get enough of the colours and the lime wedges on the top. This recipe is extremely simple and took me less than an hour including prep. So go ahead and give it a try.
Serves : 2 Hungry adults.
- 250 Gms Large prawns – Peeled and deveined.
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Lettuce ( Any kind ) – 1/2 cup
- Green Cabbage – 1/2 Cup
- 1 Tomato – finely diced
- 1 Onion – finely diced
- 1 Teaspoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and clean the prawns. Ensure that they are deveined completely. Marinate the prawns in the Garlic paste , chili powder , lime juice and salt and set them aside in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime prep the vegetables for the salad. Wash the lettuce , cabbage and shred them. Dice the onions and Tomatoes and mix them all in a mixing bowl with the Mayonnaise.
- Once the Prawns are marinated , take a pan , add the oil and cook the prawns on a very low flame until they are cooked. It took me about 5 to 6 minutes of cooking.
- Assemble the salad in a Martini Glass and top it with the Garlic prawns and a lime wedge to add that extra Zing to the flavour.
- Prawns need to be deveined well before cooking.
- You can skip the Chili powder in this recipe , if you do not like the spice.
- You can vary the salad to your taste and skip the mayonnaise if you’d like too.