Solitude ! This word scared me a couple of years ago and the very same word is something that i’m chasing off late. What do you do if you had the entire house to yourself ? Before you jump to conclusions about me chasing Solitude , I would like to clarify that I love my family from the bottom of my heart, but I for one would hope to be completely alone once a month and have the entire house to myself , no waking up to alarms , no negotiations on why it’s important to shower in the morning , no business deals in front of the kids closet and reason out as to why it’s not cool to wear a skirt and a frock together …..this…..that……..and the list goes on…..
Aristotle said ” Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God ” , but there’s a 3rd category to this , the never say no ” Mother” who would love a quiet corner with some peace 🙂 I mean no disrespect to all the other men and women who are busy , but hey , try arguing with a toddler about what to wear and what not to wear…you’d hand out a medal in appreciation 🙂
So much about Solitude ! While I love being alone once in a while , this time around , I decided to treat myself like a kid with a Chocolate Milkshake. The only twist being I made this completely Non-dairy. For once I had a Milkshake and saved a truck load of guilt! Making it was extremely easy. Took me exactly 5 minutes to whip this Chocolate goodness.
Serving size : One cup for one tired Mamma 🙂
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 100 Ml Coconut Milk*
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- Couple of Pomegranate seeds for the juicy crunch.*
- Mix the Cocoa powder , Coconut milk and honey in a blender for a minute until they all combine. Pour it into a glass and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes
- Top it with some Pomegranate seeds and enjoy your Chocolate milk with your favourite book or TV show in peace !
- The Pomegranate is optional. You can skip this step and add any other fruit of your choice or simply shave some chocolate on top.
- If you do not prefer to Coconut Milk , alternate it with Almond milk.