For several years , eating a Banana meant suffering from severe abdominal pain. The effect of the pain was so severe that it stopped me from sitting straight in my chair due to cramps and usually lasted close to an hour. This limited my options considerably for a quick pre-workout snack option. I have been researching on this topic and Banana allergies are not very uncommon. There have been many people who have varied tolerances to Bananas. There are two forms of banana allergies; there is the allergy to tree pollens. In this case the birch pollen and the other is similar to the allergy to latex. The allergens in banana are like those in natural rubber latex; hence people who are allergic to latex are usually affected by the fruit. ( source ). In my case the stomach cramps usually appear with the Ripe Banana and does not in case of the Raw Bananas or when the Bananas are cooked. The Banana pancakes were an experiment since the Bananas get cooked here. The result was astonishing since I had no cramps or any signs of intolerance. If you do suffer from Banana intolerance , then try a small portion of this recipe and give it a try before venturing into re-introducing bananas into your diet completely by cooking them. Having said that, we are the best judges of our bodies and in case your symptoms of allergy are very severe please refrain from using this recipe ,
Serves : 3 Small Pancakes
- 1 Ripe Banana ( Cavendish Banana )
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Couple of Walnuts
- Butter/Coconut Oil for greasing the Pan
- Mash the Banana and whisk the egg , Coconut flour and Baking powder in a bowl using a food processor or blend all the contents in a blender until the batter is smooth
- Grease the pan with some Butter or Coconut oil and pour the batter slowly on the pan and leave it on a medium flame.
- Cook them for about 2 minutes on each side
- Serve it hot with some Walnuts and Honey or Maple syrup on top.
- Since the Bananas bring in the sweetness , this recipe does not need any sugar for the Pancake.
- You can vary the syrup and fruits that you would like to have this pancake with.
- You can use Arrowroot Powder instead of Coconut flour in the same proportion to make this Pancake batter.