Aren’t Bell peppers Fun ? They are so vibrant , sweet and crunchy and perfect for a cold salad. We absolutely love them. This recipe was a lovely munch on a beautiful Sunday. While mixing this bowl of sweet aromatic salad , I was almost transfixed. All I could think of was the beautiful Blue and white Mediterranean set up , bright sun , and this colorful salad in my hand overlooking the blue sea. Ummmm ! Before I drift away and write about the Mediterranean love ,and digress , I should get back to business…
Serving : 1
- 2 Red Bell Peppers – De-seeded and cubed
- Pack of Fresh Basil – 1 Cup
- Handful of toasted walnuts
- 2 Teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 cloves of Garlic
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Making the Salad sauce – Infuse the Extra Virgin Olive oil with some chopped garlic and set it aside for about an hour or so. Alternatively you could crush the garlic and leave it in the Olive oil as well.
- Toast the Walnuts for about a 2 to 3 minutes until you can smell the nutty aroma.
- Chuck the de-seeded Bell Peppers , Basil , Walnuts , Salt and Pepper and mix them well.
- Top it with the Garlic infused Olive oil , mix and serve !