These Chewy almond bites were over before I could edit this picture. I had a great time making them and the family had a fantastic time munching , making sure no crumbs were left off the plate. I haven’t used the typical Almond meal that is available off the shelf , but made my own Almond meal (Simply known as a lazy person’s Coarse Almond meal ). You could replace it with the fine Almond meal and make the end result look more refined 🙂
- 1 Cup of Almonds
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 TeaSpoon Vanilla Essence
- Nutella ( Optional )
- Dry roast the Almonds in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes or until you can smell the nutty aroma of the almonds
- Once the almonds are cool , make a coarse / fine powder out of it in a food processor. ( Note : I haven’t removed the almond skin and hence the brown colour)
- Mix the Vanilla essence , butter and honey to the Almond mixture.
- Make bite sized portions of this mixture add nutella on top of the bites for that extra sweetness.
Shelf Life: Can be refrigerated and will last for a week.