Who wouldn’t like a warm bowl of soup for dinner this winter ? Well forget about dinner and winter , while I write this , i’m reliving that wonderful evening- A cold winter evening , with the little miss off to bed early , me catching up on a recorded episode of Homeland , wearing my favourite night pyjamas , sitting on my favourite couch ( We all eye for one couch at home , perfectly positioned, like Sheldon’s favourite corner on the couch).Forget table manners , or sitting right up with legs down and drinking soup , I enjoyed this soup till the last drop with feet up on the couch. How I yearn for such quiet evenings. And I dash back to the recipe before I give in too much on how sluggish and lazy I can get some days 😉
This recipe Serves : 3
- 2 Cup Red Pumpkin – Diced into cubes.
- 1 Onion – diced
- 1 Red chili
- Couple of Basil leaves. You can use the Stem as well.
- Salt to taste
- EVOO – 2 Teaspoons
- Water – 1 Cup
- Pepper – for seasoning.
- Saute the onions in the EVOO until they turn pink. Add the Basil, red chili and Pumpkin cubes and saute them for about 10 minutes or until the Pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Add the Water and salt and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Strain the contents and reserve the stock.
- Puree the vegetables in a food processor.
- Add the stock to the puree until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Drizzle some olive oil , season it with pepper and some Basil leaves and serve hot.