After several failed attempts at trying the Besan Laddu , I finally came close to a tasty version of the Besan laddu. By the looks of it , it isnt hard to guess the slight overuse of ghee, but practice makes a woman perfect..
Diwali is right around the corner and there is excitement everywhere. When there is happiness , there is definitely lovely food for every soul to feast upon. Besan Laddu is by far the easiest laddu to try out. But if you are one of those who is low on patience , maybe this ones not for you 😉
- Besan Flour/ Gram Flour – 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Cardomon Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Melted Ghee/ Clarified Butter – 1/2 Cup
- Toasted Almond bits – 2 tablespoons
- Roast the gram four on low heat by stirring constantly until it turns light brown.
- Once brown , add the cardomon powder and powdered sugar and , almond bits and mix well.
- Stir in the ghee slowly and stir until you get small clumps of the mixture.
- Let it cool for a while before you make small bite sized laddus.
( The mixture has to be warm while you shape the laddus )