- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 to 9 garlic pods
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) tomato paste
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced into 1/2 cm thick slices
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Pinch of Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp mint chutney
- Place large frying pan on medium heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is heated through, add crushed garlic and ginger and sauté 30 seconds till fragrant.
- Add tomato sauce, turmeric and chili powder and stir for one minute and add potato slices.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes and cover the pan with a lid
- Allow potatoes to cook in their own steam for 15 minutes.
- When done, the tomato sauce would have thickened.
- Make a Mint and Yogurt sauce by whipping up the Mint Chutney in the Yoghurt.
- Arrange potatoes on a plate and drizzle it with yogurt and mint. Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve.