Sheek kebabs at home , sounds like a dream to me. This lip smacking exotic dish is so easy to make , you’ll be very thrilled and excited to serve them up . The recipe allows you to add as many vegetables you’d like to make it a power packed snack with a great balance of all essential nutrients.
- 1 Cup Tur Dal
- 2 heaped teaspoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Carrot finelychopped/grated
- 4 to 5 beans finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped.
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Clean, wash and boil the tur dal in 1 cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked. Mash the dal into a fine paste.
- Combine the cooked dal with gram flour and stir it slowly on low flame so that no lumps are formed.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and using a skewer, press each portion of the dal mixture on it with your fingers to make the Kebabs.
- Brush each kebab with a little ghee and cook them over a pan or bake them ( 30 mins at 180c/350F) till they are evenly browned on all sides.
- I’ve used toothpicks instead of skewers. You can use any other skewer that you prefer.
- You could use Moong Dal as well for these kebabs. Since Moong has a lighter consitency , you might want to vary the Gram flour proportion accordingly.
- You can use potatoes and mash them up well to blend the mixture well. You can skip the gram flour completely.
- Goes well with mint chutney, yogurt or even a ketchup.